Jacobs Senior Software Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with product management and support staff to deliver stable enterprise software products.
• Provides direct support to the CECOM SEC Directorate’s mission, providing Lifecycle Software Support for multiple Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Post Production Software Support (PPSS) for Satellite Communications (SATCOM) systems.
• Offers functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
• Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems; solves engineering problems (or manages the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
• Designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
• Collaborates with other software developers to understand their analytic or interface requirements.
• Sets operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
• Responsible for spearheading quarterly and functional software releases via custom-developed processes.Manages and mentors a small team of other developers and project support assets (Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Test Engineers and Technical Writers).
• Develop project schedules and coordinate with team members for work activities.
• Analyze and verify best approaches and execute acceptance, integration, installation and system testing.
• Coordinate with program and development management teams in product development lifecycle to conform end user product and quality requirements and release schedules.
• Provide support to customer spanning a variety of issues; identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems.
• Develop new and refine existing processes to enhance quality and productivity.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active SECRET clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required
• 9+ years minimum experience as a Software Engineer or performing Software Engineer related activities within the last 10 years
• 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or performing Software Engineer related activities within the last 10 years with SATCOM domain
• Understanding of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Testing (manual and automated methodologies) and release management.
• Advanced degree is highly desirable
• Experience working with DoD customers preferred
• Security+ Certification
• Experience with Problem and Incident Management
• Experience with Automated Testing
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday, 0700 - 1600. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.