Jacobs Environmental Project Manager - Remote in Albany, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve tomorrow.
We’re seeking an Environmental Project Manager based in the Virginia Beach area (other possible locations Richmond, VA, Washington, DC or Raleigh, NC) to deliver environmental investigation and remediation design projects for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps through the award-winning Navy Comprehensive Long-Term Environmental Action Navy (CLEAN) Program. Jacobs has a strong track record of delivering projects for over 25 years through this program.
As an Environmental Project Manager, you’ll have responsibility to plan, staff, schedule, and budget projects while ensuring quality of work products, consistency across projects, and staff safety. You will also coordinate with subcontractors and internal support staff and subject matter experts. You’ll use your technical skills and experience to analyze data; prepare technical reports; and design and implement pilot studies and remedial systems for sites impacted with chlorinated volatile organic compounds, petroleum-related compounds, per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, munitions constituents/munitions explosive hazards, and other environmental contaminants. Our Project Managers conduct day-to-day interaction with our clients and regulators, often preparing presentations, presenting information to stakeholders, and facilitating discussions of site characterization and site management strategies. You’ll provide motivation and direction to project teams and be surrounded by mentorship and mentoring opportunities to help you and your team thrive. Our global team is here to provide you with the tools to keep your career growing as well as those around you.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering, environmental science, geology, or other closely related technical degree
• Environmental project experience, including environmental sampling and subcontractor oversight
• Experience conducting remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, remedial designs/actions, and/or installing and optimizing remediation systems.
• Experience as a Project Manager, responsible for managing project teams and financial performance.
• 40-hour HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain and maintain
• Ability to plan and oversee field work
• Local (or willing to relocate) to the Hampton Roads/Norfolk-Virginia Beach area.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Knowledge of USEPA regulations including CERCLA and RCRA
• Experience with the environmental consulting industry managing DoD projects and/or experience with the DoD Environmental Restoration Program • Master’s degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering, environmental science, geology or other closely related technical field
• Professional Engineer or Geologist, or Project Management Professional (PE, PG, or PMP) certification or ability to obtain and maintain
• US citizenship
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.