Jacobs Senior Full Stack Developer in Alexandria, Virginia
Critical Mission Solutions
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
By joining our team, you could help C-suite and program leaders accelerate mission execution through emerging and disruptive technologies, innovative models and industry-driven solutions.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 8+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree is required. Commensurate experience for education
• 2+ years of hands-on functional programming and scripting experience with Python using at least one popular web framework such as FastAPI, Flask, Bottle and Django
• Experience with containerization tools (Docker, LXD) and comfortable in a Linux environment.
• Experience with AWS (or other Cloud platform) technologies (SageMaker, EC2, S3)
• Experience with design and integration of databases, data pipelines and storage systems
• Experience drafting and reviewing technical design documents
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment with high degree of ownership.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• High level of curiosity about engineering outside of your immediate discipline and an incessant desire to learn
• Experience working in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) development environment
• Experience using data visualization frameworks such as D3.js, Matplotlib, Seaborn and Plotly
• Familiarity with rapid prototyping frameworks for data applications such as Streamlit, Voila Dash or Panel
• Familiarity with statistical modeling, machine learning, deep learning, or data mining concepts
• Familiarity with cloud native serverless and event-driven architectures using AWS (API Gateway, Lambda, SNS, DynamoDB)
• Experience in designing, prototyping and productizing machine learning based solutions
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.