Jacobs Process Mechanical Engineer Professional in Appleton, Wisconsin
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We’re seeking a Process Mechanical Engineer in Appleton, WI. You’ll be a key member of our team in performing equipment selection, heat and mass balance calculations, hydraulic system modeling, development of process and instrumentation diagrams, writing sequences of operation, cost estimating and life cycle cost analysis for both process industrial equipment and utility systems (compressed air, chilled water, steam, condensate, hot water, etc). You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. You’ll be part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive team who will establish process design basis, develop process options and optimizations of selected design, and calculate and organize data for process flow sheets.
Here’s how you’ll make our team even better in this role by:
• Sizing of components e.g. pumps, pipework, pressure relief valves, tanks etc.
• Performing thermal-hydraulic calculation and modelling with in house or commercial tools.
• Ensuring the 3D model is consistent with the intended system design
• Formulating equipment specification and provide the data in respective database or data sheet.
• Supporting procurement team in formulation of technical specification for contract documentation and technical surveillance of supplier documentation.
• Producing and updating process diagrams with all relevant design changes for handovers with detailed designers.
• Supporting Process Leads in designs, meetings, and tasks assignments.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to act as a champion for our TogetherBeyond culture of caring at Jacobs. TogetherBeyond is our approach to living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and quality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and expertise. We’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
• Demonstrated experience as Process Mechanical Engineer.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Professional engineering license or Engineer in Training (EIT).
• Knowledge of codes and standards related to design of Process and Piping systems.
• Working knowledge of PipeFlo (Professional and Compressible) or comparable software programs.
• Working knowledge of SmartPlant 3D, Plant 3D, AutoCAD, Caesar II or other design softwares.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work well within a dynamic team environment with multiple deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Desire to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.