Jacobs Structural Design Technician in Appleton, Wisconsin
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Structural Design professional based within our Appleton, WI team, you’ll work on a variety of projects pertaining to industrial clients ranging from the designs of plant modifications to new facilities. While working under the direction of the Lead Structural Engineer or Designer, you’ll be responsible for preparing detailed construction drawings for steel and reinforced concrete structures using structural specifications, engineering calculations, sketches, detailed drawings, and design information according to project standards and procedures. You’ll be a key team member in coordinating with other discipline designers such as mechanical, electrical, piping and project team members to ensure a complete and timely production of drawing packages, spreadsheets, and databases to document information related to design. You’ll be a great resource on our team by demonstrating a passion to learn quickly and a desire for mentorship by our highly skilled professionals.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to act as a champion for our TogetherBeyond culture of caring at Jacobs. TogetherBeyond is our approach to living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and quality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your passion for innovation, ambitious spirit, and expertise. We’ll help you thrive, pursue, and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Technical school with CAD and structural drafting/design focus.
• At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in drafting/design of steel and reinforced concrete.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite software including MS Teams for remote coordination.
• Excellent conceptual and design process skills and fluency in 3D modeling.
• Proficiency in both, Revit and AutoCAD software applications.
• Advanced working knowledge of Revit.
• Typical travel requirement to various client’s sites for this role is estimated at 10% to 20% of the time. During Covid-19, travel will be discretionary, and Jacobs will promote safety and flexibility for all their employees during this time.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Associate Degree in Architectural or Engineering Design Technologies.
• 10 plus years’ experience in drafting/design of steel and reinforced concrete.
• Experience managing engineering budgets and Earned Value.
• Working knowledge of Teams, Navisworks, LFM and ReCap. • Thorough planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate across multiple teams.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.