Jacobs Structural Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is actively searching for qualified candidates for a potential Structural Engineer position in the Arlington, VA, Denver, CO, Baltimore, MD, St. Louis, MO and Dayton, OH areas.
At Jacobs our structural engineers are responsible for the structural design for new structures as well as existing
structural upgrades. Our engineers design unique and challenging projects, and perform investigations to make expert
recommendations to clients for various purposes.
- Perform structural computations and analysis of concrete, steel, masonry and timber structures and conducts calculation
checks. The candidate must be familiar with all aspects of seismic analysis and design including capabilities for seismic
evaluation of existing buildings per current industry standards including ASCE41 and other documents.
- Design drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working with the structural engineering
team and other disciplines within the project team.
- Makes technical assumptions, thinks independently to complete assigned work, and draws engineering conclusions.
- Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard
engineering techniques, procedures, and codes.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients. Provide construction
administration and support projects during the construction phase including but not limited to review and respond to
contractor's RFIs, field issues and submittals and attend jobsite observations and prepare site visit reports and structural
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Qualifications - External
- BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering Required, MS degree in Structural Engineering is preferred
-TS/SCI Clearance required
- Working knowledge of Building codes including CBC, IBC, AISC, ASCE, ACI and UFC (for Federal and DoD projects)
- Working knowledge of structural engineering software such as ETABS, SAP, RAM, RISA and Enercalc
- Familiarity with Revit, BIM and AutoCAD
- Previous government, institutional, or commercial facilities background is preferred
- US Citizen is required
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred, Structural Engineering (SE) license is a plus
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication (both verbal and written), and organizational skills required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location United States-Virginia-Arlington
Other Locations United States-Missouri-St. Louis, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-Maryland-Baltimore, United States-Ohio-Dayton
Req ID: BI 0003XJ