Jacobs Head of Health Safety Environmental & Wellbeing in Athens, Greece
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the project
This is part of the largest urban regeneration projects in Europe and the largest regeneration investment in Greece, which includes luxury and high-rise residential buildings, arts, culture, hospitality, retail and modern commercial offices space. The project will substantially contribute to the repositioning of Athens as a world-class luxury destination. It also comprises an integrated urban development model that will combine the area’s natural beauty and unique inherent characteristics with landmark buildings and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
Mace and Jacobs have partnered to form a consortium that is leading all real estate and construction delivery related programme management services for The Ellinikon development.
The Head of Health, Safety, Environmental & Wellbeing will co-define and drive the implementation of the Programme wide HSEW Strategy and cascade the key principles into the project specific health and safety plans. This role will support the Site Management pillar of The Ellinikon and will work closely with other functions such as Risk Management, Change Management, Performance & Reporting, Sustainable Development and others.
Job Specifications and Scope of Responsibility:
• Provide support, coordination, leadership and advice on safety practices, systems and procedures within the organisation.
• Develops, implements and manages the HSEW management system and associated digital tools across the programme and cascades down to the projects
• Head of HSEW will be required at time to deal with 3rd party contractors and align them with the Development requirements.
• Champions and fosters a positive and proactive culture across the programme and projects.
• Provides oversight for all Employer and PMC HSEW Coordinators & Managers.
• Collects, tracks, analyses, and reports overall results, including trends, for HSEW metrics.
• Provides or ensures quality and tailored HSEW training to meet the programme requirements.
• Oversees HSEW Audits for the programme including internal process audits and ensures coordination with the Programme Leads
• Maintains process improvement and manages, maintains HSEW system documentation.
• Plays a visible role in HSEW leadership and direction across the programme and all Projects.
• Provides guidance and recommendation to all Projects
• Client/stakeholder interaction and liaison
• Keep fully informed on all existing and proposed changes in applicable regulations and legislation.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Skills and Experience
• Previous experience at Health and Safety Senior manager level of large-scale projects
• Previous experience of major projects/programmes
• Previous experience of coordination Leading a team of Health and Safety personnel
• Previous experience of management and co-ordination of Health and Safety in multi stakeholder environments.
• Previous experience with dealing with Environmental issues at Programme Level.
Education and Certifications
• BSc degree or equivalent occupational Health and Safety qualification
• 15 years professional experience with 4 years in Programme Management preferred.
• Discipline specific professional registration preferred (CIOB, PMP, PMI, ICE, RICS )
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.