Jacobs Document Controls Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by partnering with our clients to solve their toughest infrastructure and technology challenges. Jacobs’ talent force of 55,000+ globally, including 600+ in Metro Atlanta, provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, design, and project delivery for our public and private clients. Ranked as Fortune’s 2020 World’s Most Admired Company in our sector, Jacobs plans, engineers, and implements infrastructure improvements that positively impact our communities. The Jacobs-led team will serve as MARTA's CPMO Supplemental Services Consultant and manage the construction aspects. A joint venture between Jacobs and H. J. Russell & Company – was selected to support the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) as they embark on their expansion program.
Summary of position:
The Manager of Document Controls is responsible for managing the document control department to ensure compliance with internal procedures and regulatory requirements. Significant task for this position is to establish document control procedures and to validate the current filing protocol for projects in planning,
design, and implementation stages. Another task is to develop and manage document protocol for versioning documents, archiving, documents and retrieving documents
• Ability to analyze and solve problems related to document control, management, versioning, archiving and retrieving.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work efforts for oneself and staff.
• Possess supervisory skills for daily operations as well as required individual training.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ensures compliance to departmental policies and procedures, to include interpreting requirements, if needed.
• Possesses interpersonal skills in dealing with a myriad of departments and personalities to achieve mission success.
• Ability to speak effectively before the client, contractors, or employees of the organization.
• Ability to understand organizational structure of program/project and to enforce vetting and filing protocols.
• Ability to understand a project delivery program in terms of potential documents and its filing requirements, specific to terminology and the stage of the project.
• Possesses outstanding computer skills - MS office productivity suite includes Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Ability to use a large format and small format plotters, printers, scanners, etc.
• Ability to understand use relational databases
• Manages a staff of document control professional; provide guidance and instructions as assigned well metrics for quality compliance
• Installs, administers, and maintains the Document Management System for tracking, retrieving, updating, and maintaining all program/project documents.
• Understands and implements the requirements pertaining to the maintenance of project record documents according to the project contract.
• Validates the client's filing protocol process and recommends opportunities for the system to become more effective and efficient
• Establishes and maintains a Document Control System, to include tracking logs.
• Oversees the Document Management System for tracking, retrieving, updating, and maintaining all program/project documents.
• Maintains all contract documents in a filing protocol and format description that allows for filing and retrieval ease, specifically administrative documents, bid documents, daily reports, monthly, reports, test results, meetings, drawings, program sketches general correspondences, etc. as it relates to the program.
• Oversees the processing of all incoming and outgoing program documentation
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
Ideally, you'll also have:
• A minimum of five years’ experience as a Manager of Document Control within a supervisory role
• Minimum of eight to ten (8 to 10) plus years’ experience in Engineering, Construction Management, Program Management, and/or Construction Industry demonstrating progressive career mobility within Document Controls function.
• Familiar with Unifier or any type of EMS program.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.