Jacobs Jr Scheduler/Field Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for an experienced, driven, and enquiring scheduler/field engineer to join our team..
This position is client facing and primarily involves scheduling but you will also participate in planning, field oversight, inspections, and procurement tasks as assigned for various projects.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Construction Engineering/Technology. Specialized Schedule Evaluation education will be considered.
• Minimum 2-4 years of documented scheduling experience in the development and maintenance of Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules from initial submittal to project activation on capital projects.
• Ability to analyze Change Order Fragnets, critical path, activity duration. schedule delays and potential claim situations.
• Knowledge of basic construction software and CPM computer applications to include CAD and PRIMAVERA (P6).
• Ability to review design and construction plans against existing site conditions, including appropriateness of modification fragnets insertion to real time construction schedules.
• CPM Scheduler must have practical construction understanding of the activities and durations associated with major construction, preferably roadway construction.
• Ability and knowledge to develop cost and resource loaded CPM schedules utilizing Primavera P6. Review contractor’s schedule and updates to determine if the schedule reflects the actual sequence of work being performed and identify contractor problems and or other areas of concern.
• Ability to review the quality and relevance of project updates during construction and review and make recommendations for the proper placement and validity of the contractor’s submitted change order fragnets and determine the impact of the work activities on the overall project completion.
• Ability to review and make recommendations with regard to the contractor’s request for time extensions and requests for equitable adjustments in compliance with the project network analysis specification. This will include a written analysis of the contractor’s claim or request for equitable adjustment for the purpose of assisting the Contracting Officer in rendering final decision or in anticipation of litigation.
• Ability to analyze the initial baseline schedule for compliance with the project specifications and provide comments and recommendations with regard to acceptance of the schedule including any phasing and sequencing of construction activities and cost loading of work activities to ensure monthly invoices are reasonable and not front-end loaded.
• Have a working knowledge of Earned Value Management systems with the ability to develop, update and present EVM graphs for SRE, PM and upper management.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Master’s degree in Engineering
• Engineer in Training (EIT)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.