Jacobs Senior Project Manager (Water/Wastewater) in Atlanta, Georgia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their projects that are shaping our world.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and collaborative project manager to provide management and overall leadership for our Atlanta, GA water/wastewater project delivery team. The candidate will have established relationships in the local market and work on and manage a variety of water and wastewater projects and assist with serving our clients in Georgia. The candidate who fills this position will be an important team member as they drive execution, coordination and design of projects and work to ensure that Jacobs is the consultant-of-choice for our clients. We are seeking a driven self-motivated professional with a craving to grow personally as well as professionally in our diverse and fast-paced office.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
• Work closely with various Georgia-market clients delivering a wide range of water and wastewater projects
• Lead project teams through the design and delivery of water, wastewater, and conveyance projects providing oversight and direction
• Serve as primary liaison between external and internal project stakeholders including Client PM, Jacobs delivery team, design manager, project controls, Jacobs management etc.
• Monitor, control, and report progress compared to planned delivery, budget and schedule
• Supervise, train, develop and mentor junior staff and actively participate in our culture of excellence and continuous improvement for our Team-focused approach
• Participate in business development activities for Georgia-market clients
• Collaborate with Sales team to meet with clients and develop our sales pipeline and own relationships for select clients
• Assist proposal teams in developing competitive proposals and lead development of sole-source task order proposals
• Lead development for approach to detailed design project and estimate budgets and schedules
• Demonstrate proactive leadership by example with integrity and candor, and in support of Jacobs Culture of Caring work environment
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• B.S. in Environmental or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
• A minimum of 7-10 years of experience as a civil/environmental engineer primarily in the water/wastewater treatment and/or conveyance field
• 5-10 years of project management in the water/wastewater industry
• Experience in serving various municipal clients involving a wide variety of fields including water and wastewater for planning, consulting, design and construction services
• Professional Engineer’s license in the State of Georgia (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
• Strong data analysis and technical problem solving
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• M.S. in Environmental or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
• Experience serving various municipal clients in Georgia
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.