Jacobs Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we work everyday to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success, join us as a Transportation Sr Project Manager.
Based in Atlanta, GA, but consistent with our dynamically developing hybrid home/office work locations, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects and utilize your highway/roadway design expertise working on transportation related projects. You’ll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
• Sells the services of Jacobs as a Project Manager.
• Responsible for the quality of highway design engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, office reputation, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for highway and bridge engineering projects.
• Initiates and reviews proposals and sales activities as well as leads and participates in interviews and presentations.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients.
• Represents Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings relative to assigned projects.
• Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
• Reviews plans, prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
• Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
• Develops and mentors less experienced staff
• Completes within 12 months of hire the Jacobs's Project Management Certification program
• Other duties as assigned
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s what you’ll need:
• B.S. or MS in Civil engineering or related fields
• 10+ years of previous experience as a project engineer or project manager which includes at least 2 years of successfully managing moderately complex transportation projects.
• Advanced knowledge of transportation project management principles and practices
• Ability to develop and implement strategies in partnership with our sales team to grow our Transportation business
• Self-driven time management and organizational skills
• Strong and effective written, verbal, and public-speaking skills
• Ability to work in team environment
• Georgia PE registration or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• 4+ years of successfully managing transportation projects with Georgia Department of Transportation and municipal cities / counties.
• 4+ years of established client relationships with Georgia Department of Transportation and other local agencies
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.