Jacobs Sr. Drainage Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
• Act as senior technical resource of which can serve as technical advisor for team
• Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
• Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high-quality cost-effective work by others.
• Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
• Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
• Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of Plan submittal package.
• Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
• Prepares technical specification sections.
• Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• BS Civil Engineer degree or related field.
• At least 8 years of related drainage, water resources, civil engineering, or other related experience
• Georgia P.E. License.
• GDOT transportation project experience and knowledge of GDOT Drainage, MS4 and Erosion Control design.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.