Jacobs Principal Civil Technician in Auckland, New Zealand
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe.
Our team is currently seeking a Principal Civil Technician to be based in our Auckland office. The purpose of this role is to operate as the principal civil modeller on projects, undertaking complex design tasks and management of drawing deliverables. A key element of the role is to support the DE lead in the implementation of the Digital Engineering workflows for civil modelling, including content creation where applicable, and updates to maintain currency with industry best practice.
You will lead and deliver the structural drafting deliverables on small to medium sized Transport projects. This includes coordinating inputs from other disciplines, inputting into project federated models, managing the production of drawing deliverables using remote teams, and assisting in training as required. #LI-AP1 #APMETransport #ANZTransport
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Technical 3D model production using civil modelling software (Civil 3D, OpenRoads, MX, 12D), within a team of technical staff.
• The ability to assist in the forward planning of drafting / designing resource needs and workloads.
• The ability to assisting project drafters in the set-up of drafting systems at the commencement of new projects.
• Experience undertaking modelling and drafting reviews on projects to ensure a consistently high standard of drafting is being maintained.
• Experience mentoring of designers / drafters to assist in their professional development.
• Participate in all phases of project delivery, under the direction of Engineers, Project Managers, and the Lead Designer.
• Adhering to quality assurance processes and practices including document control and design verification.
• Working within program and budget controls in order for the company to meet its commercial obligations
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to complete these checks or meet the associated criteria, then your offer of employment may be delayed or withdrawn.