Jacobs Entry Level Electrical Engineering Graduate in Baltimore, Maryland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we have an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Electrical Engineer to join our growing Electrical / Systems design group providing public infrastructure governmental clients with technical and professional services related to the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) field. You will play an active role in the development of plans, specifications and estimates for ITS, highway lighting, traffic signal design, and electrical systems supporting transportation assets (tunnels, toll lanes, etc.), construction inspection, field data collection, and report writing. In this role, you will support the Mid-Atlantic Advanced Mobility (AM) Group in the delivery of technical solutions across our transportation clients.
The primary location of this position is our Baltimore, Maryland office, with some flexibility to work from home. Join us and we will assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way. Come join our growing team to face the future of transportation head on!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Software or Systems Engineering, Computer Science or a degree in a related technical discipline is required.
· Course work related to electrical engineering, electrical systems, and low voltage communication systems.
· An understanding of the practical application of electrical engineering and technology including applying systems, principles, techniques, and procedures to a project design.
· Effective written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work both independently and in a virtual team environment.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software products required. Experience with design / development tools such as MicroStation, AutoCAD SKM, Agi32 desired.
· Valid driver’s license and able to travel for site visits.
· Must be resourceful, curious, and self-directed.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
· One (1) to two (2) years of related electrical engineering internship or co-op work experience.
· Ability to meet requirements for EIT as soon as possible.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.