Jacobs Transit Operations Planner in Baltimore, Maryland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. At Jacobs, we’re putting our knowledge and imagination together to shape the next generation of innovative transportation solutions, especially in public transit. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success, and the global community then join us as a Transit Planner.
When you join us, you’ll support a variety of transit projects, plans and programs. Duties would include:
• Participating in meetings and conference call to coordinate with clients and other stakeholders ongoing work and deliverables
• Developing strategies to plan and staff Operator Information Campaigns for projects
• Advising on best practices for establishing and maintaining operator education and feedback mechanisms
• Consulting with and advise as necessary on service changes
• Developing and maintaining list of Capital project needs
This is your opportunity to work and collaborate with Jacobs colleagues and project teammates in Baltimore, the Mid-Atlantic region, and across the United States and Canada!
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Substantial professional experience in transit planning and bus operations
• Proficiency with Microsoft suite of products.
• Ability to work on several projects for different project managers simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate and maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to communicate sensitive issues, verbally and written, in a convincing manner that maintains and builds trust.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
• Experience working with the MDOT Maryland Transit Administration, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), and/or local transit operators.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.