Jacobs Lead Software Developer - Back End in Bangalore, India
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs has acquired StreetLight Data, a mobility analytics solution provider – marking the company’s second strategic acquisition in recent months and building on its strong foundation of existing technology and #data capabilities. StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to help transportation professionals and data analysts measure, analyze and improve transportation. Applying proprietary machine-learning algorithms to location data from mobile phones, vehicle navigation devices and IoT, StreetLight sheds light on travel patterns and makes them available on-demand via the world’s first SaaS platform for mobility, StreetLight InSight®. From measuring traffic volumes to optimizing new infrastructure to planning for autonomous vehicles, StreetLight powers more than 10,000 projects every month. StreetLight was recently acquired by Jacobs but continues to operate as an independent software organization. StreetLight Data is seeking a high caliber Lead Software Engineer to be part of our growing team. This team member will work on the back-end of the StreetLight InSight SaaS web application that our subscription customers use to explore and visualize travel patterns in the real world. This position reports to the Senior Director of Engineering.
• Lead the design of customer-facing features, focusing on back-end components, in StreetLight InSight, our flagship SaaS web application
• Implement and maintain functionality for InSight through regular sprints, including unit tests • Interface among our geographically distributed teams, including San Francisco and Vancouver, and mentor more junior engineers on software architecture, design and development.
• Participate in, and improve processes, including for sprint planning, sprint execution, technical design and code reviews
• Productize analytics handoffs from the Data Science and Data Engineering team • Deliver product releases to production as appropriate
• Tune StreetLight InSight for performance, scalability, and reliable operation to serve our growing customer base
• Assist Support and Operations in resolving production issues when needed, and improve the product to avoid them in the future
Here’s What You’ll Need:
BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or an Engineering discipline from a top university
• 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer at a software product company, preferable in an enterprise market
• 5+ years of experience developing web-based SaaS applications
• Competence and interest in all aspects of web application development
• Strong problem solving and solution design skills
• Proficiency in Python (Java, C++, Ruby or Go experience can substitute for Python in a candidate who is open to learning new technologies)
• Proficiency in SQL and working with relational databases
• Experience with working with front-end technologies a plus
• Experience working with and leading a team of developers a plus
• Experience working in cloud-deployed platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud
• Product and customer orientation
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
• Quick learner and a strong team player StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.