Jacobs Process Automation Engineer (m/w/d) in Basel, Switzerland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our office in Basel has a strong focus on life science industries mainly serving pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Our contribution ranges from early feasibility studies to modifications of existing facilities and production lines up to the realization of large green field projects.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Responsible for a variety of engineering tasks in the field of automation, mainly on pharmaceutical plants, successfully applying fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to support engineering.
• Develop and finalize the technical specs and carry out the follow up with the supplier, according to the specifications issued
• Support the Process Engineering in the activities of specification and follow up of pharmaceutical machinery
• Develop estimates of investment for the automation area
• Perform engineering tasks using established procedures, these include, but are not limited to, equipment selection, schematic design, system layout, cost estimation and system documentation
• Develop and implement control and automation solutions based upon cause-and-effect documentation, P&IDs, control narrative and an understanding of the environment
• Ensure accuracy and reliability of instrumentation, control and safety systems
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• MS in Engineering, Electrical, Automation, Chemical degree or similar
• At least 5+ years of professional experience in similar position required, coming from engineering companies
• Automation and instrumentation experience for pharmaceutical plants such as biotechnological production, secondary production, fill finish, generation and distribution of clean utilities, pharma equipment and package follow up and integration into automation architecture is required
• Working knowledge of a wide variety of software packages, operating systems and equipment
• Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams, P&ID prints, and control systems
• Structured and independent working style
• Enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams and taking responsibility
• Willingness to work on projects on site in Switzerland and in German speaking countries
• Business fluent English, German language skills are a plus
In addition to your active participation in the establishment of our Swiss office, the transfer of personal responsibility and room for maneuver, we offer you career opportunities in an international company with good social benefits.
Only direct applications will be considered for this position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.