Jacobs Security Cleared Linux Cluster System Administrator in Beavercreek, Ohio
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Do you have a passion for system administration and like to dabble in cluster administration? Want to keep our nation safe? How about bleeding-edge technology? If so, then Jacobs has a great opportunity for you in our Innovative Aerospace Division (IAD) group.
IAD is a rapidly growing business within the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Sector of KeyW that is leading the design and development of next generation satellite payloads and ground processing systems. This division is a small subset (<100) of the company comprised of engineers of various disciplines organized into product development teams. The small company atmosphere provides the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your engineering skills on the most challenging problems while also expanding your abilities and advancing your career.
We have the corporate investment, infrastructure, subject matter experts, and strategic focus to enable you to be successful.
• Maintains operation of multi-user computer systems and CI tools
• DC/OS and/or Kubernetes Cluster administration
• Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency
• Performs systems security administration functions
• Assume full ownership of the quality of the system being maintained.
• Execute manual and automated tests.
• Assisting system users with the creation of their application specific environment
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Current TS/SCI clearance or able to be cleared to that level
• Current CompTIA Security+ Certification
• Experience installing, administering, and maintaining Linux servers
• Experience installing, administering, and maintaining DC/OS or Kubernetes Clusters
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related discipline from an accredited college or university and at least 2 years of relevant experience
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional teams.
• Effective time management and prioritization skills.
Experience with Atlassian applications (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket)
Familiarity with containerization (Docker)
Experience in programming or scripting for the purpose of test automation.
Interest and expertise in configuration management and technical engineering.
Write/maintain test plans and procedures (to ensure repeatability).
At least 2 years of experience using/administering AWS or other cloud-based environment
Clearance Requirement: Current TS/SCI clearance or able to be obtain and maintain to that level.
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
-U.S. Citizenship (Required)
-Favorable Criminal History Check
-Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.