Jacobs Aviation EIT/PE in Bedford, New Hampshire
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
What if you could join one of the industry’s leading providers of comprehensive aviation services? Be a part of our growth and help us reinvent tomorrow. Drawing on more than 50 years of airport experience, we support our clients at every phase of project development – from planning through design and construction to facilities management. Our engineers, architects, and planners are experts at delivering projects in highly complex and dynamic operating environments. Backed by decades of solid experience on large and small airport projects, our Jacobs aviation team has served county, municipal, regional, and international airports; air carriers; and military installations. Our global aviation experience extends to working at more than 400 airports worldwide, including 26 of the Top 30 airports in the United States. We offer expertise across all core engineering, construction management, architecture, and specialty aviation disciplines. We are seeking individuals to join a dynamic and experienced team.
Joining our team, you’ll support aviation civil engineering projects at general aviation, commercial and military airfields with a focus on quality, and perform in a team environment. Such projects include, but are not limited to airfield improvements (runway, taxiway, apron, NAVAIDs, safety areas, drainage), terminal/landside development (parking, access, fuel farm) and other airport development and maintenance projects. You’ll also have the opportunity to……
• Conceptualize the initial civil design approach for land/site development, airfield improvements, drainage, and related projects and continue through the design phase as part of a design team.
• Use AutoCAD, Civil3D and civil engineering theories, precepts and practices and delegate tasks to other team members.
• Plan, conduct and delegate work requiring evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/ modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Research design options in accordance with FAA Advisory Circulars and FAA Order 5100.38D.
• Consult with project manager on unusual problems and developments and manage change.
• Participate in contract bidding and administration; observe project action on site and coordinate construction management related tasks.
• Provide on-site resident engineering services to include conformance with plans and specifications, measurement of quantities, coordination/review of acceptance testing, and construction management activities as required.
• Assist with project coordination aspects of aviation projects, including client interface, subconsultants, contractors, and other outside agencies as needed.
• Support Airport Planning staff with conceptual design, plan preparation, and programming efforts.
• Be a self-starter and responsible for quality work products, delegating tasks, bringing ideas to our project teams and striving for your own professional growth.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 4 year degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE or equivalent)
• Post graduate years of experience in civil design and/or construction (aviation preferred, but not required)
• Experience working with AutoCAD required
Ideally you will also have:
• Professional Engineering (PE) licensure or nearing PE eligibility.
• Passion for, or a strong interest in, the aviation sector.
• Strong communications skills.
• Experience with Civil 3D is preferred.
• Experience with the development of reports, plans and specifications using current FAA design and specifications criteria
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.