Jacobs Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Technician in Bellevue, Washington
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re helping our clients protect our world’s natural resources.
As a Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Technician in our Environmental Services team in Bellevue, you’ll play an active role in defining solutions for environmental projects across the Northwest and beyond. You’ll have the opportunity to create plans that support natural resources restoration, environmental permitting, and landscape architecture design. The combination of your technical skills, attention to detail, and the guidance of an experienced CAD designer, will lead you to develop sketches, drawings, and construction documents to support our dynamic projects.
Be a part of this vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class design for well -known clients around the world.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus.
The base salary range for this position is $21.73/hour to $37.98/hour. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· An Associate’s degree from an accredited technical institution or college in drafting or design, or equivalent experiences.
· Minimum 2 years professional experience
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation drafting production
· Demonstrated experience developing large-scale A/E design drawings, including plans, details, and profiles
· Working knowledge of CAD file management, including sheet set manager, application of scripts, templates, CAD standards, and other production tools
· Experience using ProjectWise and PDF file readers to manage drawing files
· Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a diverse group of landscape architects, planners, engineers, and biologists.
· Highly organized and ability to work independently to meet project goals.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Experience in Civil 3D, Revit, or MicroStation InRoads
· GIS data translation between mapping and drafting platforms
· Experience in projects involving planting design, wetland and stream restoration, stormwater infrastructure, or environmental permitting
· Graphic production background. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suit software, SketchUp, or other computer rendering platforms.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.