Jacobs Construction Manager Senior in Bellevue, Washington
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t just lead the development and implementation of environmental compliance and construction management, we live it. As a Construction Manager specializing in environmentally sensitive projects, you will work in the office and field with a multi-disciplinary team and our clients, subcontractors and stakeholders.. Working closely with others, you will support the delivery of challenging environmental projects, lead, plan, and manage projects, communicate with the project team, and work to mitigate or eliminate project risks. You’ll also monitor contractors’ operations, actively manage and document on the status of the project schedule and budget, provide construction oversight, and participate in mentoring your teammates with less experience. You’ll help organize field investigations and coordinate and oversee the execution of projects all while ensuring the contract and environmental strategy is being followed for each project.
You’ll have the opportunity to help create a more sustainable world by ensuring environmental compliance, environmental management and health and safety while working on diverse projects in the greater Puget Sound area. In this role, you’ll be working side by side with different clients, while having the opportunity to share your valuable knowledge with other members of your team. As you continue to achieve your goals in your construction management and environmental consulting career, you will see that Jacobs is a company that is invested in you and the environment around us.
You will have the chance to work on growing our Project Management and Construction Management business in the Greater Puget Sound area. This will utilize your Construction Management and environmental expertise to win projects and lead teams in a safe and efficient delivery – from start to finish. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or equivalent experience in the Architectural / Engineering and/or Construction Industries.
• Minimum 10 years of experience within environmental compliance monitoring. Experience in wetland mitigation, wetland restoration, biological habitat restoration, floodplain modification, and river revetment projects a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years of Construction Management or similar experience on active environmental related projects.
• The ability to interface and coordinate with both Engineering/Technical professionals and Construction professionals.
• An understanding of the implications of environmental regulations.
• Proven ability to manage teams and be the point of contact for clients.
• Business acumen that is applied in all aspects of project execution.
• Knowledge of environmental compliance, environmental consulting, and client interactions/relationships.
• Basic knowledge of federal and state/provincial environmental regulations.
• Ability to travel if required.
• Experience mentoring junior staff.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Proven business development experience.
• Strong attention to detail when making technical evaluations and reviewing reports.
• PMP accreditation from the Project Management Institute (PMI) a plus.
• CCM certification from the Construction Management Certification Institute a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deliver compliance advice to internal and external team members.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.