Jacobs Geospatial Developer in Bellevue, Washington
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions, designing the future-today. As a Software/Web Developer in our Growth, Strategy & Solutions (GSS) organization, you will be using your creative genius to help solve our client’s shared challenges through technology-enabled solutions. You will work with global industry leaders and solution architects within Jacobs, alongside our global clients, to conceptualize, create, and build market-leading software to boldly change industries!
Daily life will consist of working on a globally remote team, which includes other software developers, solution architects, GIS analysts, UI/UX designers, and product managers. Expect a flexible schedule, a wide breadth of technical work, virtual scrums for daily collaboration, and continual challenges!
Are you interested yet? Here’s what we’re looking for you to bring to the table:
• Passion – must get excited about solving global challenges through new technologies! Whether the challenge might come from infrastructure, water, advanced facility, environmental, health, or even cross-market projects, you thrive knowing you contributed to a global solution! You also get excited with learning and evaluating emerging technologies!
• Creativity – must have experience being presented with challenges, proposing innovative designs, and then turning those ideas into working software, delivering positive impact to an organization.
• Critical Thinking – must be able to solve problems. Whether challenging and refining an accepted business process, evaluating a technical upgrade, or tracing through a logical code issue, you should have great analytical and evaluation skills.
• Teaming – must know how to excel in a highly collaborative environment, while also thriving in a remote workspace. You should be excited to dialogue in diverse groups regarding business needs/requirements, collaborate in coding sessions, and further refine new ideas solo.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Great, so you share our passions, are a creative critical thinker, who is a team player, please read on! Here are the technical skills we will expect you to have to help reinvent tomorrow with us here at Jacobs!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Early career professional, with a handful of full-time, professional years of expertise
• Familiarity with database and GIS integration via web services
• Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS and Open-Source geospatial software platforms/packages.
• Experience with Agile methodologies, source control systems (i.e., GIT), and DevOps CI/CD
So, you have these technical skills too? Well, if you enjoy collaborating with like-minding folks, apply! We want to talk with you about what you could do for our clients, and what your career could be with us here at Jacobs!
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.