Jacobs Illumination Engineer in Bellevue, Washington
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success, join us as an Illumination Engineer.
Based in Bellevue, WA, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale Design Build and Design Bid-Build projects and utilize your illumination/electrical design expertise. Our primary markets are transportation projects for public agency clients including WSDOT, Sound Transit, Seattle DOT, and other local counties and cities. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and managing design of roadway illumination and power systems and strong design skills in producing construction plans, calculations, specifications, and cost estimates. You’ll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business, as well as gain experience working directly with our clients. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living leading functional teams or projects and serve as a best practice/quality resource.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• At least 8+ years of experience in transportation work with an emphasis on illumination/electrical design and calculations
• Professional Engineer License (PE)
• Strong knowledge of illumination design standards (AASHTO, IES, NEC and local agency guidelines)
• Strong AGi32 background
• Strong MicroStation and/or AutoCAD background
• Strong plans preparation background
• Strong supplemental calculations background (i.e. line loss, ampacity, conduit fill, breaker sizing)
• Strong construction services background (answering RFI’s, shop drawing review, preparation of as-built drawings)
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills for working on several projects at one time
• Strong communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Experience with multi-discipline infrastructure engineering design and construction projects
• Previous Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT) experience
• Previous Design Build experience
**This is a pipeline posting to gather resumes for consideration when the need arises. This is not a position to be filled immediately.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and supplemental language. at https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migratedfiles/employers/eeocgina_supplement.pdf
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.