Jacobs Water Treatment Process Engineer and Design Lead (Drinking Water, Wastewater, Reuse, and Industrial) in Bellevue, Washington
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
If you want an opportunity to solve complex challenges and do meaningful work, then you should join our team as a Water Treatment Process Engineer and Design Lead in Bellevue. As part of our team, you’ll assist with drinking water, wastewater, reuse, and/or industrial treatment process planning, modeling, and design. You’ll use your expertise in process and piloting evaluations, hydraulics, water chemistry and quality, and applicable regulatory frameworks to help deliver meaningful solutions to local, regional, and national treatment project challenges. You’ll also have the opportunity to evaluate, select and apply standards of advanced engineering and modeling techniques, engage in statistical analysis and data evaluations, perform technical writing and verbal presentations, and help lead multifaceted design teams. In addition, you’ll utilize your technical skills to work with a team on creative approaches to problem solving and design development, including 3D modeling and visualizations.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering
• Engineer in Training certification
• Washington State Professional Engineers license, or ability to secure via reciprocity or examination within 12 months
• 5 years of progressive treatment process engineering experience, including drinking water, wastewater, reuse, and/or industrial water treatment process planning, evaluations, piloting, modeling, and design
• Familiarity with State and Federal government regulatory frameworks applicable to water treatment and quality
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Graduate degree in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering
• 6-10 years of treatment process and design experience
• 1-3 years of design team/discipline leadership experience
• Experience with master and/or facilities planning, and water hydraulics, piping, pump system, control valve, and process mechanical evaluation and design
• Experience developing 3D models and visualizations for stakeholder engagement and design team coordination
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and supplemental language. at https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migratedfiles/employers/eeocgina_supplement.pdf
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.