Jacobs CDM Coordinator in Birchwood, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
The BEP EPC project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants,
The work will be carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the BEP project.
The project is executed from a number of locations. Liaison will be required with all the Project team members in the offices in Birchwood, Stockton and Sellafield site.
The BEP Delivery team is the ‘Designer’ and the Employer is the ‘Principal Designer’ under CDM 2015.
Job Description / Role The CDM Coordinator reports to the Senior Engineering Manager (SEM).
The CDM Coordinator is responsible for the coordinator of all BEPDT CDM activities, within the project’s engineering function and ensuring that the Designer obligations under CDM 2015 are met. This includes:
• Assessment of the competency of Designer organisations and personnel on the project, which shall include subcontractor organisations.
• Identify and support the application of any UK Health and Safety legislation.
• Liaise with project functions to ensure information is exchanged and responsibilities understood.
• Attend Design reviews, respond to CDM technical queries, review reports and act as CDM SME for a multi-discipline design team.
• Ensure adequate Pre-Construction Information is provided and shared with Sub-Contractors.
• Support the Engineering delivery teams in providing sufficient information to the Construction team, and vice versa.
• Ensure that the existing processes required for the CDM related activities continue to be robust for detail design through to eventual handover of the plant for active operations.
• Coordinate and monitor the production of the Health and Safety file(s), Design Risk Management and the Residual Risk Register.
• Support Duty Holders and the delivery teams in their CDM duties and in the provision of the required information, to ensure the design delivery teams provide a legal, technically acceptable and consistent design that meets the requirements of CDM 2015.
• Acting as the technical authority for CDM in the event of discrepancies, inconsistencies and conflict in the technical definition and delivery; so that design solutions are fit for purpose, integrated and satisfy the requirements of CDM.
• Liaison with the Client, the Principal Designer, Principle Contractor to support the engineering delivery team.
• Ensure, as part of the engineering leadership team, that the highest standard of safety behaviours and values on the project, are known, observed, implemented and practiced for all roles.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Professional engineer, ideally chartered status.
• Knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation.
• CDM 2015 Regulations experience.
• NCRQ/NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate.
• The ability to obtain Basic Clearance is essential for continuance in the role.
• Competent with Microsoft Office software.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.