Jacobs Nuclear Safety Case Consultant in Birchwood, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At our Energy, Security & Technology (ES&T) business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
INA’s Safety and Risk Methodologies (S&RM) team, based at Birchwood, Warrington, provides nuclear safety assurance and advice to MoD in support of the safe operation of current and future designs of Naval Pressurised Water Reactors (PWR). The team has vacancies for a number of roles requiring a range of experience. The roles involve:
• Undertaking Independent Nuclear Safety Assessments (INSA) of Naval Reactor Plant Nuclear Safety Cases
• Undertaking INSAs of Naval Reactor Plant Hazard Logs, Fault Schedules, Deterministic Safety Assessment (DSA)/Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA)
• Liaising with Rolls-Royce and MoD DSA/PSA specialists
• Interfacing with other technical specialists within Jacobs relating to Thermal-Hydraulics Analysis, Mechanical Systems, Reactor Control and Instrumentation, Human Factors, Severe Accident Analysis, Reactor Physics and Structural Integrity
We are interested in applicants who have related skills from within the naval programme or the civil nuclear industry and are seeking new challenges in this exciting and rewarding area of work. INA has a learning culture that recognises the need to maintain knowledge, develop skills and support career progression. Structured in-house training is provided to all involved in this unique programme of work, supplemented by additional external training as required to support individual development needs.
Overall, these positions provide a gateway into the MoD Nuclear Programme with opportunities to gain qualifications, broaden experience and progress a career in a modern and nationally important industry. You will be working in a close-knit team who will support your development and will value your experience.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Knowledge of Safety Case Structures (PSRs, PCSRs etc)
• Knowledge and experience of the application of some of the following techniques: Level 1 PSA, analysis of Reliability Data, Hazard Identification, Hazard Logs, Fault Schedules, Safety Functional Requirements derivation, Dependent Failures Analysis
• Demonstrable communication skills with clients both internally and externally
• Demonstrable ability to write clearly and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner
• UK Citizenship as security clearance to at least SC will be required
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.