Jacobs Principal EC&I Engineer in Birchwood, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
About the opportunity:
The BEP Joint Venture project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Box Encapsulation Project (BEP).
• To support CE&I Discipline Lead Engineer in adopting a pragmatic approach to the CE&I engineering design and the standardisation of designs across the plant.
• To provide advice and guidance to the CE&I Area Lead Engineers on compliance with relevant legal requirements, Sellafield Ltd standards, European and British Standards, non-European standards and project procedures.
• To coordinate the production of common CE&I Technical Specifications across all areas and to liaise with the Sellafield Ltd CE&I Intelligent Customer (IC) to ensure the CE&I design aligns with the projects ‘Fit for Purpose’ design philosophy and the IC’s expectations.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Hold a minimum HND or equivalent (Essential)
• Degree Qualified, Chartered Engineer (Preferable)
• Have significant demonstrable experience in delivering nuclear EC&I design in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry
• A self-starter with good communication, analytical and team working skills.
• Demonstrable experience in the leadership and direction of others to deliver EC&I designs.
• Experience of being an EC&I technical lead
o Familiar with EC&I deliverables
o Delivery of approved written work, i.e. technical specifications and reports
o Familiar with a pragmatic approach to the application of applicable standards and practices.
• Experience in interrogating design in the context of assuring its fitness for purpose with respect to design process, rigour and functionality.
• Experience of working with a client organisation to ensure a collaborative approach to design assurance.
• Ability to chair and control meetings.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.