Jacobs Mechanical Building Services Manager in Birchwood, United States
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Key Responsibilities include:
As the primary Senior Appointed Person (SAP) for mechanical isolations and pressure system, the responsibilities comprise:
• Authorising Appointed Persons (APs) for their role with respect to any required mechanical isolations of pressure systems, for maintenance or modification.
• Annual review of AP appointments in relation to performance and ongoing competency.
• Carrying out detailed surveys of the pressure systems, mechanical services and equipment within facilities to fully understand the extent, condition and operational status of the existing installation and maintain a formal record.
• Categorisation of pressure systems in accordance with their safety significance (hazards to personnel), with a view to allowing APs to self-assess isolation strategies or plans for systems with low safety significance.
• Undertaking review and approval of isolation plans generated by an AP, where required.
The role also includes the following responsibilities:
• Asset management, including implementing a maintenance/ asset care regime.
• Managing the maintenance contracts for mechanical equipment in the laboratories, and pressure systems, e.g. Written Scheme of Examination (WSE).
• Providing a strategic overview of mechanical aspects of the facilities.
• Ensuring regulatory compliance against codes & standards (PSSR, LOLER, PUWER, PED, CDM) within the laboratories, and liaising with 3rd parties, i.e. Royal Sun Alliance, Zurich, to ensure equipment meets inspection requirements at established periodic intervals.
• Fostering a safety-first culture and acting as first point of contact for investigation of incidents associated with mechanical equipment or pressure systems on the site.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 10 years’ experience
• BEng in Mechanical Engineering
• IOSH trained
• Proactive, and able to interact with a range of individuals from workshop staff to scientists
• Able to prepare technical reports/ specification on equipment status
• Able to apply for security clearance
• Understanding of CE marking requirements beneficial
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected. #Jacobscmsjob
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.