Jacobs Principal Modelling Engineer (Clean Water) in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the opportunity:
We deliver design, project management and asset management consultancy services to a wide range of clients in the Water sector, across the UK. From feasibility studies and planning, to design, construction management and operations and maintenance, we bring together the talent and expertise necessary to deliver success, and we are proud of our extensive portfolio. Our Hydraulic Modelling business operates as a UK-wide technical discipline. We provide technical modelling, operations and strategic support to our clients in Water and Wastewater in the UK, and our Jacobs colleagues working on international projects. Our workload is very diverse, and we have teams based in a range of locations across the UK.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Minimum of Degree or Honours Degree in an engineering or geography related discipline. BTEC HND will be considered if associated with a satisfactory CPD record
• Chartered engineer or working towards chartership
• Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out engineering functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
• Record of developing and maintaining excellent relationships with client teams
• A good track record in water network modelling and associated activities, and the use of models to support wider projects, looking to progress their career in this field
• Demonstrable experience in Synergi or Infoworks modelling software and GIS packages
• Strong analytical and report writing skills
• Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members
• Proven ability of leading, or be able to demonstrate potential to do so, a successful team of engineers including technicians and design engineers
• Familiar with current industry best practice
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Programming capability or software development, applied to the Water industry
• Proven ability in site operations or construction within the Water sector
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.