Jacobs UK BIM Modelling Lead, Structural Solutions in Birmingham, United Kingdom
To support Jacobs’ transformation to a solutions provider, maintain our competitiveness, and deliver to our clients in a technology enabled way, we need to evolve how we deliver projects. To achieve that, it is essential that we embrace and drive change and use the power of people, technology, and data.
In Structural Solutions we are transforming how we deliver through evolving roles and skills, and the implementation of new technologies and lean, digital processes, to increase efficiency and add value for our clients.
The UK BIM Modelling Lead is a key member of the Structural Solutions Transformation team and will lead the implementation and scaling of modelling tools and processes, including growing capability and supporting our teams, to ensure we are delivering digital and 3D by default across all markets.
You will fully understand client and project requirements and aspirations and work closely with our project teams to ensure efficient and successful project delivery. The role is predominantly project delivery, with time and capacity for other responsibilities as outlined below.
You will be enthusiastic, forward thinking, a vocal advocate of new ways of delivering projects, with a passion for communication and collaboration, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, which are all key to the success of the role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Fully understanding project BIM model, drawing and data requirements and working closely with the Structural Solutions Project Leads, Task Information Managers, Technology Development team, and project teams to ensure efficient and successful delivery.
• Implementing and ensuring adherence to BIM model and drawing tools and processes, including producing and maintaining high quality standards, methods, and procedures.
• Having an excellent understanding of our modelling capabilities and overseeing resources across our UK Structural Solutions teams and projects.
• Actively growing our capabilities, including succession planning and leading recruitment across the UK as required.
• Ensuring high quality, consistent deliverables are delivered on time and on budget, to client, project and Jacobs standards.
• Ensuring delivery of the appropriate training and providing support for the Structural Solutions UK and Global Integrated Delivery project teams.
• Demonstrating a people first approach to change and continuous improvement and helping to create a culture of innovation and diverse thinking in the Structural Solutions project teams.
• Identifying challenges, and leveraging data, automation, lean and standardisation to improve efficiency/productivity and project outcomes.
• Collaborating with our UK and Global Integrated Delivery teams to best use our capabilities, ensuring adherence to processes, and successfully delivering projects.
• Raising the profile of digital ways of working and our capabilities through various forums, presentations, and proactively reaching out to the teams.
• Regularly communicating and collaborating with Structural Solutions teams and the wider Transportation Operating Unit to ensure awareness, alignment, and consistent outcomes.
• Keeping informed of best practices and innovative ways of delivering, technology, and digital processes, from both within and outwith Jacobs.
Working for Jacobs
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent. In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Experience in any area of the engineering/construction industry.
• A degree or HND/HNC in a related subject.
• A clear understanding of the preparation of designs, models and drawings.
• Excellent knowledge of modelling and drawing software packages, such as Autodesk Revit.
• Knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) technologies, processes, requirements and standards.
• Experience of checking/reviewing of deliverables produced by others.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Experience in the Transportation construction sector.
• Experience of process improvement
• Experience of working with global teams.
• Use of tools such as AutoCAD, OpenBridge, InfraWorks, Civil 3D, Dynamo, ProjectWise, BIM 360.
The following attributes are key to the success of the role:
• A strong, proactive communicator and collaborator.
• Open minded and a diverse, forward thinker.
• Identifies and challenges the status quo.
• Customer focussed – listen, understand problems and offer solutions.
• Strong ability to plan and make optimum use of time.
• Pragmatic, tenacious and resilient.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here. (https://www.jacobs.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity?_ga=2.1062705.1096535124.1626879887-1704311048.1575562676)
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know. (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2)