Jacobs Senior Cost Estimator - Remote in Boise, Idaho
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Senior Cost Estimator - Remote
At Jacobs, we’re making our world better with every project, and we know the importance of accurate estimates to the success of these projects. We’re looking for a skilled Senior Cost Estimator to join our team to help prepare a wide range of estimates – from conceptual to detailed design – for complex industrial, civil, operations and maintenance, military and government facility projects. Based in any U.S. location, you’ll review design documents, proposals, specifications, drawings, attend design development meetings and make sites visits to define the scope of work and cost impacts required of the estimate process.
You’ll be a key contributor and mentor to a knowledgeable and supportive team as you prepare estimates by developing project work breakdown structures, calculating complete scope of work take-offs, apply construction means and methods, and calculate indirect field costs. Design teams will also collaborate with you on the quality and amount of input necessary to develop the cost effective design solutions. You’ll tap into both your creative and analytical sides in this role as you develop reports and presentations as well as analyze historical data.
Bring your attention to detail and desire to grow, and we’ll help you pursue what drives you – so we can tackle challenging projects, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or Equivalent Industry Experience
• 10+ years related estimating experience
• Experience leading, assembling and presenting estimate deliverables to Clients (internal or external)
• Proficient skills in the area of current technology (Word, Excel, estimating/database softwares)
• Demonstrated understanding of estimating organizational structure and process, including quantity takeoff, crew development, productivity relationships, material quotations, knowledge of markup structures and estimate documentation.
• Experience using industry estimating software, such as Timberline, HCSS Heavy Bid, and MII Estimating systems.
• Demonstrates an ability be responsible for completion of tasks with minimal supervision
• Experience mentoring junior staff
• Able to travel to meet project needs
• U.S. citizenship
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Strong and effective written, oral and presentation skills
• Able to complete tasks independently
• Adept at interpersonal relationship building and conflict resolution
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.