Jacobs Power/Electrification Lead - Rail in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we are using our solutions in mass transportation to create a more connected and sustainable world- environmentally and socially. Would you be intrigued to join our team of innovators?
We’re looking for a dynamic leader to join our Boston, MA team in support of fleet electrification and rail projects and programs across New England. Your critical knowledge of power generation, distribution and delivery systems and their application to mass transit, will be leveraged daily.
You’ll be expected to bring a big picture perspective strengthened by your detailed technical expertise, to advise clients on fleet and rail electrification program design and implementation. This requires a passion for understanding the latest market research, regulations, technology advancements, incentives, power infrastructure, and utility needs. Solutions will be built in a collaborative environment and balanced with our client’s expectations.
Additionally, you’ll contribute to the growth of our transportation electrification portfolio via active client engagement, high quality deliverables, and business development activities.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
• Be a direct and local technical expert available to our clients
• Provide technical guidance for project engineering teams
• Effectively manage project scopes, schedules, and budgets to meet client needs and contract specifications
• Develop and present executive level results and recommendations
• Partner with our sales group in growing the rail/transit electrification business
• Take an active role in the local mentoring of junior/less experienced staff
• Conduct electrical system analysis, design, equipment procurement, construction support, and commissioning support related to electrical systems for power generation applications
• Advise analysis and design of project power system interconnection to utility power system and associated equipment
• Advise development of construction document packages including required specifications and drawings that will be utilized for bidding and construction
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Electrical or Power Engineering degree
• Substantial years of experience in Engineering Management, Substations and traction power or fleet electrification
• Detailed experience in the development, design, procurement, engineering support of construction, and engineering support of commissioning of traction power, heavy electrical, utility or heavy industrial, power systems; medium voltage experience, at a minimum, is required
• Demonstrated experience managing team-based projects and providing direction and support to less experienced staff
• Strong client management and organizational skills with high attention to detail
• Outstanding communication and critical thinking skills
• Proven knowledge of different zero emission (at point of use) types such as third rail, OCS, and hydrogen fuel
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Masters degree
• Professional Engineer (PE) (preferred)
• Proven knowledge of concepts related to charging technology and adoption, light and medium/heavy-duty adoption of electric vehicles, electric vehicle utility rates and vehicle grid integration (preferred)
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.