Jacobs Senior Project Manager – Transit and Rail in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Candidate is responsible for leading project teams in the overall implementation of transit projects or contracts. Administers contracts, meets client requirements, regulatory agency criteria, and company commitments. Serve as the client’s representative, providing oversight guidance and/or direction for the project team, contractors and subcontractors. Lead important business development activity by presenting the organization’s project capabilities, establishing client relationships, and procuring work.
Responsible directly or through staff for the quality of services performed, client satisfaction, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the company in the marketplace, contract management, billing and collection, and project delivery.
Coordinate work share with other offices in Jacobs to deliver projects. Build relationships within Jacobs to determine unique technical skills that can be delivered to the market.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing transit projects involving bus and rail facilities and service planning as well as assisting in preparing market assessments, strategic plans for discipline growth, assisting in key hires, preparing scopes of work, conducting quality control reviews, and participating in lead roles in business development including proposal preparation and interviews.
• Manages transit and transportation planning/engineering and project development activities.
• Leads moderate to large projects for planning and implementation of bus and rail transit including light rail, streetcar, commuter rail, BRT and bus programs and projects.
• Manages projects of all significance, including developing solutions for difficult problems/tasks of unusual complexity and scope that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
• Directs other planners/engineers and project team members in performing their project responsibilities.
• Supervises related support staff.
• Leads major projects and provides overall project leadership, including responsibility for QA/QC, and provides role of project director.
• Performs all levels of client contact, both internal and external.
• Overall responsibility for commercial or public sector projects, including technical, contractual, budget and schedule activities on medium to large projects and the development of client interfaces to promote continuing relations.
• Senior Project Manager duties also include responsibility for management and contract performance across multiple disciplines.
• Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure the goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with clients.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with other engineering and architectural firms to partner on potential projects.
• Provides operational supervision and technical guidance to Project Manager(s) and other project or marketing personnel as required.
• Maintains contact with senior client management, office management and managers of applicable departments within Jacobs engaged transit projects.
• Regularly monitors the progress of projects or tasks through project management reviews.
• Works with marketing in preparation of contract proposals.
• Directs and supervises the activities of assigned personnel and provides for and enforces proper delegation of management authority, responsibility and accountability.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Initiates and reviews price proposals. Participate in interviews and presentations as applicable.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned. Informs Operations Manager or Sales Manager of potential opportunities to market Jacobs’s services.
• Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
• Develops reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
• Assures that the project team complies with the contract agreement and exercises cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
• Other duties as assigned.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration is required.
• Requires a minimum of ten (10) years experience as a Project Manager of rail/track projects
• Experience should include managing transit programs and projects for planning/engineering and implementation of bus and rail transit improvements.
• Requires extensive progressive technical experience in transit planning/engineering including bus and rail modes.
• Requires knowledge and experience of Federal and State transportation regulations and programs, including FTA, FRA, FHWA, DOT and NEPA.
• Must have developed the following skills; engineering knowledge, leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, teamwork, decision making, judgment and problem solving.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.