Jacobs Sr Traffic Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Do you strive to create more connected, sustainable communities with impactful traffic solutions? So do we!
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Traffic Engineer to join our New England? team. In this role, you will assist the team by performing traffic related aspects of civil engineering assignments; subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. You will play a key role in the design various roadway corridor and intersection improvement projects. You will take lead on key traffic related reports and studies, all under the supervision of the group leader.
• Traffic volume forecasting
• Safety improvement studies
• IJR/IMR studies
• Traffic impact studies
• Road Safety Audits
• Functional Design Reports
• Capacity Analysis
• Parking studies
• Signal warrant studies
Traffic signal operations:
• Clearance interval calculation
• Signal timing optimization
• Active traffic management
• Asset management
• Timing database entry
• Ramp metering
Traffic signal design:
• Performs calculations for a variety of projects, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment
• Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
• Reviews drawings supplied by contractors, clients, and engineers then recommends necessary changes.
• Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
• Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
• Provides project cost estimating.
• Attends design review meetings and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineer (PE) license
• Substantial years of professional experience in traffic signal operations and retiming.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Certification as PTOE (Professional Traffic Operations Engineer)
• Experience with State DOTs preferably MassDOT, CTDOT and NHDOT.
• Software Experience: Synchro V11, SIDRA, PTV VISSIM
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.