Jacobs Telecom A&E Project Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development – complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
Jacobs Telecom is currently hiring for the position of A&E Project Engineer at our office in Boston, MA .
Essential Job Functions:
• Attend A&E Site Walks as required to collect existing site information relevant to site design required;
• Research/review jurisdictional requirements related to site design for preparation of Zoning and/or Engineering drawings
• Ensure A&E deliverables are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline
• Serve as primary resource to A&E Manager and Senior Engineering Staff for new calculations, as well as making revisions and markups
• Self-perform CAD work, including revisions and updates
• Update necessary tracking system(s) to ensure that project and/or program status is maintained with complete accuracy, including third party management systems
• Assist project manager on multiple projects including but not limited to coordination of site acquisition, zoning, A&E services, permit approval, and construction
• Validate consistency of drawings against structural analysis and application, ensuring that drawings and tower owner applications match in equipment, quantity, etc.
• Upload/send deliverables to appropriate clients and internal/external databases as required
• Coordinate and expedite drawing production, coordinating with client, QC drawings, facilitate changes/revisions
• Develop drawing standards and templates for personal and department use
• Participate in and assist with preparation for meetings and conference calls, maintain communications and flow of information on assigned project
• Occasional site audits on active and non-active construction sites
• Develop and maintain accurate and complete project folders; continual monitoring of data integrity and completeness
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members, clients, vendors, and jurisdictions
• Assist w/ financial administration such as billing, PO tracking, vendor invoicing, etc.
• Assist with Sales activities for new and existing clients as required
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• BS Electrical, Civil or Structural Engineering degree require
• At least 3 years of wireless telecommunications experience preferred
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, MicroStation, or similar
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (particularly Excel) and Internet applications
• Wireless Telecom or utility/construction industry experience preferred
• Knowledge of local jurisdictions and building permit process preferred
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and be a self-starter
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Good oral, written, and organizational skills
• Local Candidates (Boston, MA) preferred
• Candidate must be able to work for any US Employer without Visa sponsorship
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting to 20 pounds. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.