Jacobs Water/ Wastewater Operations Management Growth & Sales Leader in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
Jacobs’ Operations, Management and Facilities Services (OMFS) business serves public agencies and private entities, delivering water and wastewater utility operations and maintenance (O&M), facilities management, remedial system O&M, public works and municipal services. We’ve delivered O&M services for clients in government and industry for 40 years.
Are you a successful Water/ Wastewater Operations Management Sales Leader interested in joining Jacobs' collaborative team to support growth in our OMFS practice in the United States? This position provides an exciting opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of our business development and sales priorities, and work to ensure that Jacobs remains the provider-of-choice for our clients. While flexible, the candidate will preferably be based in the Eastern U.S. and located near a major airport. Position will require up to 50% travel.
You’ll lead emerging and established professionals, providing strategic leadership for:
• Sales & Market Development – Develop internal and external relationships with key stakeholders that support growth of our O&M portfolio. Successfully lead project-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, win strategy development, proposal preparation, oral presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes. Build and sustain a viable sales pipeline to deliver year-on-year growth and expansion of the O&M business in line with management expectations.
• Create a Strategy for Growth - plan, develop and implement strategies to achieve growth and business targets.
• Relationship & Stakeholder Management – responsible for the on-going management of key stakeholder and client relationships. Build trust and value-driven relationships with critical partners and gatekeepers in the industry (major customers, engineers, regulators, procurement consultants…).
• Sector & Market Knowledge– remain at the forefront of industry trends in the sectors that Jacobs is targeting. Build meaningful relationships in the industry as well as utilizing quantitative data and market information to inform the short and long-term strategy for Jacobs in North America.
• Product & Technical Knowledge & Credibility – able to present and discuss the general value proposition of outsourced O&M credibly in the market and effectively communicate elements of Jacobs specific market differentiators. Must possess enough technical understanding in order to identify and develop meaningful opportunities for the business. As appropriate, leverage deeper technical resource within the company to support bidding and business development activity.
• Reporting – provide accurate and actionable data to ensure that Jacobs management remain informed on strategy and activity in the North American market.
• Team & Organizational Development – you’ll lead pursuit-specific teams consisting of key subject-matter experts with the ability to call upon the company’s global resources to further augment the specific needs of an opportunity. As appropriate, you’ll efficiently guide the team throughout all phases of the procurement to develop a winning proposal within the allocated pursuit budget.
• Trade Show & Industry Representation – act as a leader and ambassador for Jacobs when representing the company among industry groups, competitors, professional bodies & societies, conferences and trade events.
• Travel – given the significant opportunity across the North American market, this role will carry a high travel expectation.
This is a remote position
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Business Development & Growth Experience - proven track record of business development and growth. Experience developing, setting and delivery a strategy to achieve high win rates and business growth.
• Sales & Market Development Experience – advanced experience in developing and building a robust sales pipeline and pursuing opportunities to successful closure. Must understand the sales cycle and key mechanisms involved in the public procurement market and be able to build trusted relationships.
• Water Market Knowledge & Understanding – must possess an excellent understanding of the water and wastewater market in North America. Ideally, candidates will have extensive experience in and around operations and maintenance activities, with a working knowledge of the outsourcing market.
• Communication Skills – excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills. Able to communicate effectively with staff and clients at all levels of the organization and manage external customer and stakeholder relationships effectively.
• Highly Motivated – driven and passionate about the opportunity to grow Jacobs’ business and contribute to market-leading innovation in the outsourcing industry. Possess the requisite discipline and personal accountability to lead pursuit teams to successful outcomes.
• Ability to travel 50% of the time.
• Valid driver’s license.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.