Jacobs Water/Wastewater/Stormwater Conveyance PE in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge- what’s accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with one of the highest ranked design firms in ENR’s list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly-motivated team member to work on a variety of water distribution, wastewater collection, and stormwater treatment and conveyance projects as a water resources engineer. Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
By joining our team you’ll have the opportunity to lead the planning and design of wastewater collection, stormwater, and potable water conveyance systems and assist more senior engineers on larger, more complex projects. This position will support both local and national water, wastewater, and stormwater projects. As part of our growing team, you’ll be responsible for performing all aspects of engineering. We are looking for a passionate team member who has a good understanding of engineering principles, theories, and concepts and has a desire to work on the planning, design and construction of water and wastewater conveyance, stormwater conveyance, green stormwater infrastructure, and water and wastewater treatment projects.
Candidates should be self-motivated professionals with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project in our diverse and fast-paced office. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you.
Join us and we will support you in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Here's what you’ll be doing:
• Collaborate and work with a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of water, wastewater, and water resources design projects.
• Conduct preliminary engineering by analyzing data, performing calculations, and evaluating options to develop the best solution and make recommendation.
• Plan and design projects, following company, construction, and government standards, using design software, and drawing resources.
• Autonomously evaluate and improve the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and systems to efficiently meet project goals.
• Technical writing, reviewing, and providing clear, concise input to investigations, memorandums, or solutions reports.
• Prepare drawings and specifications as well as changes to drawings based on engineering staff and supervisor markups, edits, QA/QC comments and/or suggestions.
• Communicate and coordinate information with other engineering disciplines and company offices.
• Review work performed by others for adequacy on completion.
• Attend project meetings, coordinate work with project team members, supervisor/client.
• Interface directly with our clients.
• Mentor and support junior staff in the local and regional water group.
• Participate in professional organizations for marketing, industry recognition, networking, and building the Jacobs brand.
• Position may include supervision of one or more project engineers as a task manager on a large project, or as a project manager of small projects.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelors Degree in Civil, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering
• Ability to efficiently utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately and within schedule
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Ability and desire to use production tools, such as ESRI ArcGIS, AutoCAD, computer graphic and design programs, and hydraulic modeling software
• Applied knowledge of basic engineering principles and prescribed methods
• Analytical and technical problem-solving skills
• Self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, top-notch organizational skills, and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge and understanding of local and state design codes and standards
• Substantial professional full time experience in water/wastewater/stormwater
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Master’s degree in Civil, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering
• PE license, or have the ability obtain within six months of hire
• Project or task management experience
• Academic or professional background in water resources, hydraulics/fluid mechanics/hydrology, as well as water and wastewater processes preferred
• Experience in serving various clients involving a wide variety of fields including: drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.