Jacobs Construction Manager (Life Sciences) in Bradley, Illinois
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Construction Management Professional, you’ll join our collaborative team providing our clients with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery. We are looking for a passionate Construction Professional in Kankakee, IL who is driven by collaboration, exceeding expectations, and challenging the status quo.
By developing and delivering on project scopes, budgets, reports, contracts, and schedules, you’ll help our teams achieve our client’s objectives. Your keen ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and tackle project challenges will allow you to thrive in our fast-paced environment. You’ll thrive as you solve complex problems to ensure the soaring success of our projects
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global, and local.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in in Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline is preferred, but appropriate experience will be considered
• 15+ years of experience in managing construction projects related to pharmaceutical and/or life sciences facilities
• Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) systems and general building construction
• Proven track record of executing EPCM projects in the Life Sciences industry
• OSHA 30 hr training (preferably within last 3 years), or willing to achieve within 60days of employment
• Commitment to working safely and demonstrating that safe execution of projects is your primary responsibility
• Management and leadership of construction administration, client relationships, trade contractors and project controls activities.
• Manages on site construction functions in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and client approved requirements
• Oversees the project schedules. Experience with interpreting and managing Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project are required.
• Experience with Prolog and Procore is desirable.
• Manages the quality of installed work for conformity to project documents and client standards.
• Confirming Change Notices from trade partners and generating Change Notices to the client.
Ideally you’ll have:
• Experience working in an operating production/manufacturing environment and demonstrated knowledge of relative procedures.
• Ability to navigate and communicate with cross-functional teams and project stakeholders.
• Understands GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), particularly related to FDA regulations
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE), or Project Management Professional (PMP) is desirable.
• Ability to manage several capital projects at one time ranging from $100,000 to $30 MM.
• Lead an on-site and remote team of approximately 20 individuals from varying departments including but not limited to: Procurement, HSE, Quality, Field Supervision, Project Controls, Document Controls, etc.
Please Note: Project is in Kankakee Illinois. Travel costs are not available for this project.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
U.S. Government Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols:
As a federal contractor of the U.S. government, Jacobs is subject to the Executive Order requiring companies who support U.S. government contracts to ensure their covered employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated or approved for a legally-entitled medical or religious accommodation.
Full vaccination is NOT required at this time for positions that are not covered by the federal contractor Executive Order, that do not require performance of work in a Jacobs office, and that do not have full vaccination as a client requirement where work is performed at a client site.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.