Jacobs Labourer in Bridgewater, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
• Ensure all workscope undertaken is carried out in a safe and productive manner, in line with Supervisor’s direction, company and project procedures.
• Be aware of and practice fully the requirement for total safety attitude in all operations.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
• Current CCNSG Safety Passport.
• Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
• Flexible - able to comply /adapt to company / client requirements.
• Committed to achievement of company goals.
• Ability to interact with personnel at all levels - committed team player.
• Confident and ability to work on own initiative.
• Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team - good attitude to continuous improvement; Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Full UK Driving licence.
• Fork Lift truck licence.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Assist trade personnel in the completion of their duties.
• Prepare and maintain worksite in line with Supervisor’s instruction.
• Assist with general housekeeping, ensuring a safe, clean and tidy work area is maintained at all times.
• Assist where required with specialist cleaning duties, e.g.: HP water jetting, (training will be provided where applicable).
• Act as fire-watch, over-side watch and work area entry.
• Assist with work operations in line with capability and in accordance with company rules / restrictions.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here. (https://www.jacobs.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity?_ga=2.1062705.1096535124.1626879887-1704311048.1575562676)
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know. (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2)