Jacobs Project Controls Specialist in Bristol, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Owing to expansion within Jacobs Government Solutions, particularly in Bristol and at other MOD sites, we are currently recruiting for pioneering Project Controls Managers to join our growing Defense Team.
We are seeking a Project Controls Manager who has a passion to work with our client teams to manage the project control disciplines and resources required to achieve the successful delivery of portfolios, programmes or projects. The Project Controls Manager will work with the Project Manager(s) to provide progress reporting including, but not limited to, schedule updates, risks and opportunities and cost analysis as well as identifying potential opportunities for improvement.
The Project Control Manager will provide P3M skills on site, involving the delivery of project controls management, including strategic, tactical, and operational analyses, to our client. The Project Controls Manager must be skilled at analysing trends, influencing and communicating outcomes and, with the support of client teams, implementing any change / improvements required.
The role is high profile undertaking complex planning activity whilst assisting the development of client teams through coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools within an agreed drumbeat.
• Analayis Data outputs and generate Management Information.
• Provide cost control support to produce forward forecasting and demonstrate cost adherence.
• Advise and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
• Support programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimisation, reporting and project controls best practices.
• Lead and advise on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management and define the standards required to deliver projects.
• Ensure the application of project controls processes are consistently applied.
• Support the development of integrated master schedules for specific programmes that reflect all interface milestones and durations from contractors’ schedules and manage any changes in to the integrated master schedule.
• Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple suppliers.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• An experienced user of the relevant Programme tools, techniques.
• Practical ability to utilise critical project management concepts (e.g. Earned Value Management, project planning, risk analysis, configuration management).
• Experience in the implementation and analysis of Earned Value Management.
• Experienced professional in the use of P3M practices and a specialist in the application of advanced planning tools.
• Demonstrated track record in delivery within a complex environment.
• Good communicator able to convey complex Project information to non-technical professionals.
• Able to operate self-guided, with authority, skilled in developing and strengthening relationships.
• Skilled in the provision of coaching and mentoring.
• Knowledge of the Defence, or other highly regulated, industry or working in a high-profile Tier 1, Prime and/or subcontractor organisation is desirable.
Expected Qualifications/Experience- leave this bit out too?
• Significant Project Controls experience on large complex project or complex project environments.
• Organization experience of sub-functions.
• APMP - Certified Project Management Associate.
• Educated to Degree level or relevant experience.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.