Jacobs Project Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Jacobs Government Solutions team have some exciting opportunities in Defence; across the physical (Land, Air, Sea) and digital (Cyber) environments. These roles are predominantly Bristol based though there are opportunities at other MOD sites across the country.
We are seeking Project Managers who have a passion to work with our client teams. In this role you will:
• Provide clear and effective leadership to teams
• Review, analyse, develop and improve the effectiveness of existing processes in relation to P3M delivery and continuous improvement.
• Influence, advise, challenge and assist the client in their delivery of complex projects to time, cost and quality requirements.
The role is high profile, undertaking complex leadership and management activities whilst assisting the development of client teams through coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Accountability for the timely and cost effective delivery of client projects, meeting business and environmental objectives.
• Leading and managing cross functional, multi-disciplinary teams, providing direction across the Functions to ensure delivery of client projects.
• Influencing and supporting client project delivery through effective and proportionate planning, monitoring, controlling and reporting of performance.
• Ensuring a fit for purpose Risk Managment System is embedded in project decision making and championing the risk management process.
• Managing change and the associated follow on activities, whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant safety, environmental and management procedures.
• Understanding requirements- ensuring clarity of identification, definition and specification of programmes and projects, to align with client business needs and context.
• Championing the application of appropriate P3M delivery strategies and commercial methodologies, which will deliver a successful business outcome.
• Ensuring appropriate services to the project are delivered through technical, engineering, project controls, commercial and financial support functions.
• Promoting and fostering positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Capturing and implementing learning from experience (LFE) processes throughout the project lifecycle, supporting the development of best practice and governance at project and organisational levels.
- What life is like to work in this team
Jacobs deploys it’s Project Managers into the client organisation, Defence Equipment & Support via the Equinox Joint Venture which is a partnership between Jacobs, Turner & Townsend and a number of other organisations. Our people are deployed into both resource based and specific tasks, delivering value to our client through specific functional expertise and core Jacobs values.
- What is their impact on the organisation
In addition to ensuring the on-time, on-budget delivery of equipment for the British Military, we also deliver a huge amount of value through the coaching and mentoring of DE&S personnel.
Reporting line (feel free to include name of manager) and style of manager
Types of projects
Projects range from the acquisition of new equipment including ships, aircraft, submarines and other military vehicles and equipment alongside offering supportability and through life extension programmes to current vehicle fleet.
- Tell us what would lead to success in this role
Experience within regulated industries alongside strong functional skills, and being able to demonstrate core Jacobs values typically leads to successful outcomes.
- Motivate with the offer of employability – what will they learn on the job and how will it prepare them for future success]
Roles within the Programme Deliver Partnership are hugely important to ensuring the UK’s Military have the right equipment, at the right time to deliver peace keeping missions across the globe in addition to maintaining the highest standards of national security. In addition to this, our work ensures value is delivered to the UK taxpayer and that numerous sustainability targets are achieved.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Knowledge of the Defence industry is beneficial but not essential.
• Have worked in a high-profile Tier 1, Prime and/or subcontractor organisation.
• Able to operate autonomously, with authority, skilled in developing and building relationships.
• Expert in the use of P3M practices and a specialist in the application of advanced project management tools.
• Consultancy focus with a proven track record in delivery.
• Able to identify client requirements and scope wider business opportunities.
• Able to quickly learn and understand complex organisational structures and ways of working.
• Skilled in the provision of coaching and mentoring.
• Effective communicator, both written and orally.
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
• Significant track record of successful project delivery.
• APMP – Certified Project Management Associate.
• Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM).
• Ideally PRINCE2 – Practitioner.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.