Jacobs Gas Stress Engineer's Senior Assistant in Bucharest, Romania
The Jacobs Power and Energy team provides a range of services to our Gas, Transmission and Distribution clients. This includes work on transmission system assets, HVDC interconnectors, energy storage systems, inertia systems, wind farms and advanced facilities for mission critical industries in the technology and process sectors. Our team has a clear focus on innovation, supporting industries and organisations focussed on decarbonisation of our energy systems. Jacobs have an exciting opportunity to recruit significantly, expanding wider into Europe with aspirations to resource large infrastructure projects in the region increasing our global capability.
The entire European Energy & Power sector is undergoing an unprecedented transformation due to global commitments to decarbonization. Right now, Jacobs is in planning phases on how to be a major contributor to the huge requirements regarding the change to the energy mix on Continental Europe. We believe that this sector will become Jacobs’ dominant sector in our European operations over the next 5-10 years.
Gas Stress Engineer's Senior Assistant roles and responsibilities typically include:
• Can perform pipe stress analysis including both static and dynamic analysis for complex piping systems
• Understands design impacts on constructability
• Static and dynamic analysis of piping systems including seismic
• Participates in design reviews
Here’s What You’ll Need:
You need to enjoy working in a team environment and where necessary use your expertise to guide other members of staff. You’ll also require the ability to deliver to tight timescales, be technically accurate and to manage a number of schemes simultaneously.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills are essential as part of this role.
Jacobs have a strong ethos for safety in our BeyondZero approach, so you would be expected to have a positive attitude to health and safety, especially to eliminate or reduce the risk early in the design process.
As a Gas Stress Engineer's Senior Assistant, we’re looking for your background experience in the following:
• 3-5 years of engineering/design experience in oil and gas, chemical or Hi-Tech industry,
• 3-5 years of piping stress analysis experience ( in at least one of the tools: AutoPipe, Caesar),
• Understand AutoPIPE/Caesar stress outputs,
• Understand Finite Element Analysis (FEA) as it relates to pipe supports and its effect on the pipe stress,
• Good English level - written and spoken
• Familiar or willing to learn complexities of semiconductor facilities
• Any experience with underground pipelines will be an asset
• Can design engineered supports where direct application of standard piping supports is not adequate.
• Displays strong communication and interpersonal skills and has the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.