Jacobs Associate Landscape Architect in Bur Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration, and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Jacobs is looking for a talented Associate Landscape Architect to join our Cities and Places team in Dubai. You will be given the opportunity to learn, lead and deliver the Landscape Design for large masterplans and buildings projects, whilst also working collaboratively to establish project Landscape requirements in alignment with our Buildings and Masterplan strategy. In addition, you will also meet the following requirements: -
• Good knowledge of local materials and availability, regional construction technology and standards of practice
• Lead a team in preparation and delivery of Schematic design, Detailed design and Tender design preparation and documentation
• Adhere to client’s design budget throughout all design stages
• Prepare Value Engineering strategies and proposals
• Coordinate MEP design loads pertaining to water supply, drainage, lighting and irrigation requirements
• Extensive knowledge of local and international codes of practice and standards for implementation into design drawings and specifications
• Thorough knowledge of hardscape materials and plant species in the regional and local context
• Prepare and review Bills of Quantities
• Ability to prepare and review RFPs
• Prepare technical proposals for designated project bids
• Plan and monitor staffing requirements across multiple assignments
• Conduct staff performance reviews
• Lead design management and internal discipline coordination meetings
• Prepare and review Design Reports and presentation documents
Here’s What You’ll Need:
As a successful candidate you will hold a relevant qualification in Landscape Architecture from a recognized institution
Minimum 15 years’ hands-on experience working on landscape design and delivery of notable projects with renowned design consultancy practices
Thorough understanding of local and international codes of practice and test standards for implementation into design
You will have extensive knowledge of local materials and availability, regional construction technology and standards of practice
Extensive knowledge of and project delivery experience on Revit, AutoCAD, BIM360, Navisworks, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
You will have knowledge of sustainable design applications in Landscape, local green building regulations and LEED/ BREEAM certification requirements
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.