Jacobs Senior Pricing Analyst / Sr. Cost Engineer (Proposals) in Bur Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
It’s one thing to dream up new solutions. At Jacobs, we also deliver them.
What drives you drives us as we work to build a better world – together. At Jacobs, every day is an opportunity to make the world better, more connected, more sustainable. We’re powered by more than 50,000 people across the globe who deliver innovative scientific, technical, professional and program-management solutions for public and private clients around the world.
Jacobs is renowned for the excellence of our technical consulting and project delivery expertise in the Engineering and construction sector. With a variety of current projects and a strong pipeline we are seeking to recruit a Senior Financial Analyst (Senior Estimator) who is looking for a challenge working in multidisciplinary teams on various projects.
Your responsibilities include;
• Responsible for the development and consolidation of estimates for assigned prospects/bids under the direction of Commercial Manager;
• Able to capture the key commercial aspects from a Client’s Request for Proposal for incorporation into the estimate;
• Able to understand, question, and incorporate Level of Effort from the technical teams into the project estimate;
• Establish and analyse estimates (i.e. unit rates, etc,) which are well understood, clearly built-up and defendable;
• Able to perform benchmarking (top/down estimates and comparison with past bids) in order to validate estimates
• Clearly identifies and records assumptions included in the estimate;
• Analyse commercial impacts and performs sensitivity analysis on estimates. Recommends solutions;
• Advise management of risks that may affect project profit and costs, able to provide contingency cost for various risks and develop a risk register;
• Ability to present estimate outputs clearly to management
• Provides defendable thorough estimates and openly accepts feedback.
• Contribute to the office safety culture. Delivery of all associated work with zero lost time accidents.
• Delivery of the cost estimates meeting the deadlines but maintaining quality work.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 6-10 years experience in engineering and construction, most of which are in cost/estimating roles
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline from a renowned university;
• Must have experience in costing and estimating on major water, urban development/built environment, ports & marine, and/or transportation projects.
• Good knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office software