Jacobs Intermediate Aquatic Biologist in Burnaby, British Columbia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re helping our clients protect our world’s natural resources. As an Intermediate Aquatic Biologist, you will provide technical direction and support on the aquatic biology and water resource permitting components of our challenging natural resource projects, as well as coordination and guidance to our team of biologists.
Based throughout western Canada, this position could either be a fulltime position or 6-month contract position (with the possibility of extension), this position will include field and or office work. You’ll have the chance to work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams to contribute directly to the environmental planning and permitting and efforts of government and privately-owned infrastructure projects throughout Canada. You will provide technical support for the duration of the life of the projects. You will have the opportunity to support the execution of the work including data collection efforts, as well as assist with the development of methodology, technical reports, and regulatory applications. This is a science-based role, and the successful candidate will have a known reputation in the industry as a technical expert and has shown ability to defend the technical rigor of the work completed. Bring your enthusiasm for learning and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we’ll help you grow!
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we continuously work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• B.Sc. or M.Sc degree in fish or aquatic-related studies with relevant experience conducting and managing aquatic studies (such as fish and fish habitat assessments, water quality monitoring, fish sampling, etc.).
• Previous experience conducting aquatics field work, directing and/or managing aquatic crews in remote settings.
• Excellent technical writing skills and experience providing technical review and edits as needed.
• Relevant oil and gas and regulatory experience.
• Hold or be eligible for Professional Designation under the BC College of Applied Biology and/or the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists.
• Must have driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Previous consulting experience with experience working with a diverse range of industrial clients.
• Working knowledge of the Federal Fisheries Act and other relevant provincial and federal environmental legislation in western Canada.
• Time management skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks/projects and meet project deadlines.
• Experience in client liaison and business development.
• Detail oriented with excellent data capture and recording skills.
• Positive attitude, self-motivated with strong initiative.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.