Jacobs Intermediate Conveyance Municipal Infrastructure Project Engineer in Burnaby, British Columbia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Want to be an integral part of a team that delivers unique projects that make a difference in your community?
Here’s your chance to support the delivery of projects and programs for our clients across Canada and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. The opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in Vancouver, one of the world’s most progressive global cities, that delivers large and complex conveyance projects throughout the province awaits. If you have been searching for a career changing opportunity and are interested in working with industry leading experts, you’ll find it here.
As an Intermediate Conveyance Municipal Infrastructure Project Engineer in Vancouver, BC , you’ll be responsible for leading and managing projects, communicating with clients and other key stakeholders, managing overall work progress, and leading technical performance on projects. Working with other members of our team, you’ll draw on the knowledge of technical subject matter experts to help deliver projects. You’ll have the opportunity to lead the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract; write detailed design reports, prepare drawings, specifications, contract documents, proposals, option evaluations, and technical memos with minimal direction; and provide construction administration services as well as field engineering services on municipal conveyance infrastructure (watermains, sewers, culverts, pump stations etc).
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in Civil Engineering (or applicable discipline and/or equivalent experience)
• Licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of British Columbia
• At least 10 years of experience in an Engineering consulting environment
• Strong aptitudes for technical design related to municipal water and wastewater infrastructure (primarily watermains, sewers, culverts, pump stations etc.)
• Exceptional Project Management and communication skills
Ideally you’ll also have:
• Experience designing and serving as the Engineer of Record for water and wastewater infrastructure including pipelines, pump stations, PRV Stations, and Valve Chambers
• Experience managing and coordinating multiple disciplines on large and complex projects
• Experience administering Master Municipal Contract Document (MMCD)
• Strong ability to manage scope, schedule, and budget for large and complex projects
• Experience in the industry in the Vancouver/Lower Mainland market
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.