Jacobs Intermediate Electrical Engineer in Burnaby, British Columbia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we do not settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
We are looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our Vancouver or Calgary teams who is excited about solving the most complex building electrical systems issues for our clients. Join us and you will be technical support, with some opportunities to lead, in the design development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems or products for building electrical systems, such as electrical power distribution up to 25kV and low voltage for controls, emergency and standby generation systems, lighting and lighting controls, telecommunications and security infrastructure, life safety systems, and fire alarm and detection systems. Building types will include water /wastewater treatment, transportation, industrial, commercial, institutional, educational, etc.
You will continue to gain an understanding of all phases of construction document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications, as you help to prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction and while supporting and mentoring under Electrical discipline leads or Quality Control reviewers on various projects. You may participate in project proposals and contribute to solutions to our clients to problems they didn’t even knew they had.
During your time with us, you will provide drawing production progress updates and quality audits as well as perform design and delivery coordination with project lead designers and project managers for interference checking and quality control and develop project/client specific CADD standards, CADD checklist, and drawing production quality control/assurance procedures.
You’ll be working mainly from home, unless you prefer coming into one of our offices, with the expectation to travel for client meetings /site visits and occasional team meetings.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Professional Engineer license required
• At least 8 years of related working experience in a design/consulting environment in Electrical engineering
• At least 5 years of design experience building electrical systems in Canada
• At least 3 years of design experience in infrastructure (water/wastewater) electrical systems in Canada required
• Solid knowledge and application of the building electrical requirements per building codes, energy codes, and other related standards such as NFPA standards and IEEE & CSA standards
• Experience in building electrical systems design for commercial, water/wastewater treatment, transportation, office, retail, hospitality, educational, institutional, industrial, and other similar building types preferred
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passionate about buildings and construction
Ideally, you’ll also have one or more of below skills and experience:
• At least 2 years of experience in using Design CAD software (Microstation or AutoCAD)
• Knowledge of Electrical design software (AGI32i, SKM, or Etap)
• LEED Accredited Professional or LEED Green Associated. ISI Envision
• Design of electrical system in water and wastewater treatment plants
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.