Jacobs Mechanical Conveyance Engineer in Burnaby, British Columbia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Want to be an integral part of a team that delivers unique projects that make a difference in your community?
Here’s your chance to support the delivery of projects and programs for our clients across Canada and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. The opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in Vancouver, one of the world’s most progressive global cities, that delivers large and complex conveyance projects throughout the province awaits. If you have been searching for a career changing opportunity and are interested in working with industry leading experts, you’ll find it here.
As a Mechanical Conveyance Engineer in Vancouver, BC , you’ll be responsible for leading the technical delivery of projects, communicating with clients, team members and other key stakeholders, managing overall work progress, and leading technical performance on projects. Working with other members of our team, you’ll draw on the knowledge of technical subject matter experts to help deliver projects. You’ll have the opportunity to lead the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract; write detailed design reports, prepare drawings, specifications, contract documents, proposals, option evaluations, and technical memos with minimal direction; and provide construction administration services as well as field engineering services on municipal conveyance infrastructure (watermains, sewers, culverts, pump stations etc). In this role you will also have the opportunity to work with and develop junior staff in the areas of mechanical engineering, conveyance design etc.
You’ll be working either from home or from our Burnaby office with the expectation to travel for client /site meetings and occasional team meetings.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (or applicable discipline and/or equivalent experience)
• Licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of British Columbia
• At least 10 years of experience in an Engineering consulting environment
• Strong aptitudes for technical design related to municipal water and wastewater infrastructure (primarily watermains, sewers, culverts, pump stations, treatment plants etc.)
Ideally you’ll also have:
• Experience with planning, design, construction and commissioning of water and wastewater pump stations and treatment plants, pipelines, PRV stations and valve champers
• Experience with pumping system and process mechanical design, building mechanical design, equipment sizing and selection, P&ID and control narrative design, commissioning services
• Experience managing and coordinating multiple disciplines on large and complex projects
• Experience administering Master Municipal Contract Document (MMCD)
• Strong ability to manage scope, schedule, and budget for large and complex projects
• Experience in the industry in the Vancouver/Lower Mainland market
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.