Jacobs Health Safety & Environmental Professional in Calgary, Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
We are currently looking for an experienced HS&E Leader to join our Canadian team; in this position you’ll assist in the development, implementation, and administration of safety, health, environmental protection programs affecting employee and public safety within Canada. The successful candidate will recommend improvements to HS&E tools, processes, policies, and training. The incumbent will join an existing HSE team, taking responsibility for the HS&E related success of projects across Canada, in support of multiple clients.
Based out of Western Canada, the role will primarily be that of a teleworker during current Covid pandemic, with periodic short duration field work, in order to audit and assess safety programs and culture firsthand. You’ll be responsible for assisting in maintaining compliance with Jacobs HS&E standards and regulatory requirements, as well as for development and implementation of field and office HS&E programs and occupational safety and health regulation throughout Canada. This role will include remote supervision and authority to make most Canadian HS&E decisions. This position will be expected to continue to grow the safety culture and program within the region, for the Jacobs Federal and Environmental Solutions group. This role requires someone with strong interpersonal skills the ability to assess an existing HSE program and effect change needed for continued growth. This is an exciting opportunity for the correct candidate!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Progressive HSE experience, BS in industrial hygiene, safety, or related field
• HS Certification required (NEBOSH, CRSP, ROH); CIH/CSP preferred • Environmental Consulting, Construction, and Hazardous Waste industry experience preferred
• The position requires minimum of 25% travel to our most challenging projects.
• Employee will be based out of a Jacobs Office, preferably Calgary, other locations will be considered pending resumption of return to office-based work as permitted by Covid concerns
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Candidates with a proven track record of success working with and leading HSE staff
• Candidates with experience working with and leading operational staff to ensure HSE success
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Master’s degree in in industrial hygiene, safety, or related field
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.