Jacobs Intermediate Bridge Engineer in Calgary, Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
If you are ready to bridge the gap between our world and our people, join Jacobs. Let’s build for a brighter future together. Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community - join us as an Intermediate Bridge Engineer.
As a vital member of our Calgary team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on transportation projects that focus on bridges and other transportation structure design. Working alongside a team of bridge technicians and engineers, you’ll be responsible for creating drawings and simulations using software tools and resources supporting our clients’ overall project goals.
Our intermediate engineers work with senior bridge engineers and project managers to provide top service to our clients. Each day will consist of creating layouts, sketches, 2D/3D modeling and electronic drawing files for construction, while utilizing firm-provided resources to create detailed drawings of transportation structures.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Structural Engineering
• Registered (or eligible to register) as Engineer with APEGA
• 10 years of relevant engineering experience
• Bridge analysis and design, being familiar with Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code and Alberta Owner’s requirement, and bridge analysis and design software
• Preparing specifications and contract documents
• Construction and contract administration as site resident engineer or site inspector
• Involvement in business development and preparing proposals
• Solid teamwork and communication skills in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Experience with structures and bridge analysis and design software (such as SAP2000, CSI Bridge, Midas, Larsa, STAAD), Mathcad, Microsoft Office, and and AutoCAD
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.